She Always Looked for Rainbows by Dorthe Hansen

11:00


Hello to you all, friends.
As many of you surely know by now, I have an old soul in me 
and therefore love to create in a way and with things,
showing wear and tear.
Therefore I knew, this paper doll from Tim Holz, should live here,
onto Laura`s great panel,


The panel was first given a thinned coat of Gesso and then I used the 
stencil to give interest to the panel. I used Texture Paste and when
dry, sprayed with a thinned version of Infusions.


Left to dry, I dressed the woman with a piece of tulle from my stash and added 
an old white button. I also made two holes with my Crop- A- Dile and inserted 
a piece of cord matching the backgrund colour.
Tiny old paper scratches were adhered to the background and using the Mini Stencil Winged Heart, I 
draw the outline of it and then used ink to define the details of the wings, directly onto the background. Little gold touches were painted to the Honeycomp background.
The "rainbow" and Affirmation from Lynne`s set 5 was stamped onto a scratch of old book paper, with black ink.
After the rainbow was adhered to the top panel, it was painted with Silver, Gold, Blue and Pink Metallic paints.


Another piece of tulle matching the blouse I gave the doll, was placed on the
panel and the doll adhered on top. The Affirmation I cut into tree and placed them in the left side.

So this very much explains how it was created, if you have fallen in love with some of the materials please look below. The links will take you directly to That`s Crafty!

Have a great new week, my friends, I wish you smiles and joy!!
Hugs and love 
Dorthe 

Materials used:

From my stash: tulle, (old skirt from flea market) old book pages to stamp on,
cord, button !!!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. This is so beautiful Dorthe. I love the way you dressed up the paper doll to give her such a different and very realistic look and the background you created for her is just amazing. So creative and wonderful.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fliss, thank you very much, it was a sudden idea, to dress her up, and easy with the tulle . You are so kind with your words, and I appreciate it very much, thank you from my heart !! Hugs, Dorthe xxx

      Delete
  2. You dressed her up in such an unique way Dorthe - and amazing make! And I am in love with the colours as well! A fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susi, so very much, so sweet of you, I`m happy you like it . HUgs, Dorthe

      Delete
  3. Beautiful project dear Dorthe! Love the textures and colours 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just wonderful like all your work dear friend. Just love the thought that you are an old soul that loves old things. An old dear soul filled with magic making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so very much Dorthe! Fabulous! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your honeycomb background with those delicate gold touches. She looks so fine with her halo and costume additions. How clever to punch holes and thread ribbon around her waist you colour tone is just perfect for this creation Dorthe.
    Big Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dorthe that lovely girl is just precious and the way you have "dressed" her is genius! So, so clever! I also love the wonderful textured background and the quote suits her down to a T!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning tag Dorthe and I love the aged appeal. The doll looks great all dressed up and with the addition of wings I hope she can fly high above the rainbow

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Love this. Thank you for the how to, may have a go myself at making an ATC. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Love this. Thank you for the how to, may have a go myself at making an ATC. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She’s so delicious sweet Dorthe, I adore the way you’ve added the clothing to her as it really brings her alive. Another really beautiful creation from your magical hands
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, Dorthe ... she is just adorable. I love what you've done to her outfit! You turned boring to beautiful. I used this same little girl on a card the other day and changed up her outfit, too. The possibilities are endless, aren't they?

    We should be stylists - LOL.
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe she will smile when she finds her rainbow. Old photos are always so stern looking. Lovely piece Dorthe Dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Dorthe, this gal looks perfectly content on Laura's panel, right at home!
    What a lovely piece you have designed and I so love the vintage style of it all!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook