Mixed Media Tag by Melina Dahl

11:00

Hello!

It´s Melina here today sharing a bright and shiny mixed media tag.




Here´s what I did:

I continued on a background I created a while ago with That´s Crafty! Texture Stamps and 
Shimmer paints. You can watch how I made the background HERE, on That´s Crafty! YouTube channel. All products used for the background are mentioned in the video.




I used the new Leaves stencil, TC7015 and dabbed some That´s Crafty! Multi Surface Paint, Lime, through the stencil using a paint brush. I stamped the flower girl, from Nature´s Faces Set 2, on a separate piece of paper. I diluted different shades of green and blue Multi Surface Paints with water and used as watercolours to colour my girl. I cut her out and added a layer of Wink of Stella glitter on her "hat" and "dress".




Before I adhered her to the tag I made some splashes with diluted white gesso behind her.
I stamped the quote from the stamp set and used a white Posca pen to give the letters some definition.
Finally I backed my tag with black cardstock.

Products used:
Wink of Stella Glitter Pen (Spectrum Noir are a good substitute)

Thank you so much for stopping by today! See you next week :)
xx Melina

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love these little flower characters Melina, they’re so sweet
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...so sweet, nice details of interest too.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Flower girls looks so happy and contented on your tag Melina. You create fabulous backgrounds, Thank you for sharing some of them in your video.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up Melina and so love this gorgeous tag. The background for your sweet image is fabulous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook