Mixed Media Card by Jo Channon

11:00

Hello Again! 

I would like to share my latest make for the That's Crafty Design Team blog and it is a card which includes several of the stamps from the That's Crafty Clear Stamp set - Textures Collection set 3 which I am really loving using.




I started with the background which was created using the script stamp inked up with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink and randomly stamped across cardstock.  I added some detail and dimension using the That's Crafty hole in the wall mask using the Texture sand paste which I have fallen in love with! 

I then created the other layer of the backdrop using a great little crafty item lollypop sticks! I laid these down in an adhoc fence layout and painted them firstly with black gesso and then dry brushed over with white gesso and some Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink.  The highlight the fencing idea I edged the wood with some gold metallic paint from the Multi-Surface paint collection. 

To add the main detail I started with stamping 3 leaves from the stamp set and cut them out.  I used some paper flowers to embellish. The main focus is the very pretty butterfly which I stamped and coloured and topped with glossy accents.

I hope that you like the project and the layout, let me know what you think! 
Bye for now
Jo xx

I used:
That's Crafty Clear Stamp set - Textures Collection set 3
Hole in the Wall MaskTC066
That's Crafty - Sand Texture Paste
Distress Oxide Ink - Vintage Photo
Multi-surface paint - Antique Gold
String
Glossy Accents
Paper Flowers from stash
Lolly pop sticks



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Jo, it looks wonderful,- I love the lollipop sticks which you gave a distressed and old look, and the set 3 is one of my favorites too - it creates such beautiful backgrounds, like here.
    Lovely with the butterfly just landed on the sweet flowers !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card Jo. The textures look fabulous and the lolly stick fence looks awesome too. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning background Jo and how clever to use the lolly sticks in this way. Gorgeous florals and the sweet butterfly completes the look

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those distressed lolly sticks, such a versatile medium to work with and the Textures set 3 is a firm favourite with me. Super creation Jo.
    Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook