Amelie Canvas by Jo Channon

11:00



We are delighted to announce that the very talented Jo Channon is joining our team 
and would like to wish Jo a very warm welcome.


Hello Crafters,

This is my first post as part of the That's Crafty! Design Team and I am thrilled to be part of such an experienced and talented team.  I will also be representing That's Crafty! on Hochanda in April and I am really looking forward to that too!

My post today is a mixed media piece with the main feature being a gorgeous stamp from the Donna's Girls Collection designed by Donna Gray and this lovely young lady is called Amelie.

Amelie is the main stamp on the set which also includes 6 other clear polymer stamps which mix and match fabulously well with Amelie's image.




I started off with an 8" x 8" boxed canvas and covered it with crumpled tissue paper to add some texture to the background and then used Distress Oxides to colour the tissue paper once it was dried.  The main background was made using a variety of stencils (I have listed these at the bottom in the ingredients list) I used Distress Oxide inks in a variety of colours and layered them up to create dimension but drying them in between layers so that they didn't get smudged. To add a little more detail I stamped one of the additional stamps on the sheet onto tissue paper and glued these to the corner areas.  I did this because when you stamp directly onto a canvas you often don't get a clear image because there isn't a stable base to work on.


With the background finished I started building my focal image by taking one of That's Crafty! Surfaces - the Heart and covering it with Texture Sand Paste and then painting it with the Multi Surface Paint - Ice Blue. I stamped Amelie on cardstock twice which allowed me to decoupage her hair.  I coloured her with a mixture of Promarkers and Oxide inks. I also stamped her crown and painted it with metallic Antique Gold and embellished with gems.

I continued decorating the piece using the Small Funky Flowers (Set 2) by painting them with the Multi Surface Paints various colours, embellishing with some gems and then adhering to the canvas either side of the heart. The picture was finished off with brass corners, a metal chain and metal heart charm.

I hope that you have enjoyed checking out this project and that it has inspired you into making a mixed media project yourself.  I would love to hear from you if you would like to leave a comment.  You will find all of the products on the That's Crafty! website.

Supplies Used:

That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - TC019, TC011, TC098
Gems and metal pieces to embellish

Thankyou for popping in!
Bye for now
Jo x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Jo. So much lovely layered detail, wonderful texture and beautiful bright colours too.
    A fantastic debut and welcome to the team.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful panel, I love how you used the flowers, giving Amelie a beautiful garden to live in, the fantastic texture, and colors, -everything looks amazing.
    Welcome to the team, Jo .

    Dorthe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super canvas Jo showcasing many products and techniques. I love how you have used Amelie within the heart. Fabulous first project and welcome aboard.
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this Jo, amazing creation with Amelie. A big welcome to the team as well 🙂🙂🙂
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, Welcome to the team, wonderful to have you here amongst us.
    This is a wonderfully vibrant project and fabulous use of Donna's stamps.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook