Time Flies by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello everyone, it's Fliss here today with a rather steampunk flavoured mixed media creation as I haven't done anything like that for ages and felt like a revisit. Hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed creating this.

I first painted my panel, applying multi surface paints in shades of blue with white using a brayer. I then stamped on the gorgeous crackled riveted metal texture stamp with potting soil archival ink for an all over pattern. I felt it needed something else so I sprinkled on golden sands infusions powder and misted with water, allowing it to run down the panel.


My next step was to select some greyboard elements and I chose steampunk themed cogs, gears, rivets etc together with a clock and some dragonflies. I placed them all on a sheet of scrap paper and added a selection of multi surface and shimmer paints to a plate, applying the paint with my fingers until I was happy with the effect. Messy, but great fun! I also coloured a piece of fabulous textured waffle packaging material given to me by one of my daughters - they know me so well!


Once everything was painted, I assembled my panel as you see, tearing up the painted packaging and gluing this on first. The remaining elements were all placed on as I wanted and glued on once I was happy with the arrangement. My finishing touch was the handwritten tile which was a scrap of mixed media paper with the text written by yours truly with a metallic marker and coloured with diluted leftover paint.


Supplies:

That's Crafty! Surfaces - White/Greyboard Panel 4.5 x 9
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Textures Collection Set 4
That's Crafty! Bits & Pieces Greyboard Sheets - Butterflies & Dragonflies, Clocks & Cogs Set
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Ocean, Teal, White, Bronze, Black
That's Crafty! Shimmer Paints - Charcoal, Dark Blue, Purple, Turquoise
That's Crafty! Metallic Paints - Copper, Antique Gold
Paper Artsy Infusions - Golden Sands
Brayer
Water Mister
Extras - Scrap of mixed media paper, Scrap of waffle textured packaging material


Have a great weekend and see you next week!
Fliss xx

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Love your steampunky panel❣️ Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melina, loved creating it too xx

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous Fliss, you've got the steampunk look spot on! The background is awesome, love those drips. Your finger painted elements look divine displayed around your panel. A superb display!!
    Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracey, so kind of you and got very messy - ending up with a purple finger for a whole day for some reason! xx

      Delete
  3. A great piece of steampunk art Fliss
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh what a work of art Fliss!! Really beautiful with all the yummy steampunk details
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donna, such a lovely and much appreciated comment xx

      Delete
  5. It is gorgeous, Fliss, so beautiful steampunk , so amazing colors ,making it look real rusty and verdigrised ,-a wonderful art piece, I love it !!
    Hugs, from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Dorthe, glad you like it and I enjoyed doing it so much too xx

      Delete
  6. This is fabulous Fliss, your crackle looks amazing. I made my first steampunk piece in years and really enjoyed it too, it's good to revisit what make you happy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue, I really do love steampunk and hoping to do some more soon too xx

      Delete
  7. Oh, Fliss - this is absolutely fantastic! I adore the steampunk look and that drippage background. Brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alison, so kind of you and glad you like it too xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook