Tangled by Fliss Goodwin

11:00



Hello, I hope that you caught the news of our new stamp launch with some gorgeous designs by Donna and Melina but if you missed it, click HERE to see what you missed.

I have something a bit different to share this week as when I saw the beautiful new Lana stencil, I immediately thought of fairytales and this is why she ended up in an enchanted wood setting. Read on to find out how I did this.

I first painted my panel with the multi surface paints, using 2 shades of green and yellow, applying the colour in rough vertical stripes.

I then decided on the placement of my wood nymph, and carefully stencilled on the outlines using chestnut brown paint. I painted her with shades of peach (orange mixed with white and yellow), gold and bronze, using a darker shade for her lips and painting her eye with white and blue. I added dots to the iris with a white paint pen.

I then used just the top of the new mini tree stencil to create tangled branches around the edges with chestnut brown and bronze paint. Layering them up really does look like briars.

I used the enchanted Dinky stencil to add my text with chestnut brown and as a final touch, used the floral background Dinky stencil to add a little pattern to my wood nymph's face with gold paint.

Products Used:

That's Crafty! Surfaces White/Greyboard Rounded Corner 8 x 8 Panel
That's Crafty! 6.5 x 7.5 Stencil - Lana
That's Crafty! Mini Stencil - Tree
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Enchantment, Floral Background
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Bronze, Chestnut Brown, Evergreen, Green, Metallic Gold, Orange, White, Yellow
Sharpie White Paint Pen

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Wonderful creation Fliss, you’ve made something amazing with that lovely face stencil
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fliss, this is very pretty!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You worked your magic with this Fliss, I absolutely adore it with it's shimmer & shine. Beautiful.. Big Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it corny to say this is enchanting? Well corny it is, cause it is - enchanting that is! In other words - I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook