Autumnal Art Journal Page by Melina Dahl

11:00


Hello!

It´s Melina here today with a step-by-step on how I made this autumnal art journal page.








Here´s what I did:


I started by drawing a tree shape and glued down some buttons to make the tree crown more dimensional. I cut it out and coated the whole tree with That's Crafty! White Gesso. I then added That's Crafty! Texture Sand Paste on the tree trunk and Light Texture Paste on the tree crown.







While the tree was drying I started on the background. I stamped the script stamp from That's Crafty! Textures Stamp Set 1. I then took That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints in Red, Green and Yellow , diluted with water to get a watercolour look and painted/splashed onto the page. When dry I stamped the birds from Lynne's Affirmations Set 2.







I painted the tree with That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints in Brown, Green, Yellow and Red. I adhered the tree to the page with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive. Once again I diluted the paints and painted a ground for the tree to stand on. I stamped my sentiment directly on the page using one of the quotes from That's Crafty! Inspirational Quotes Stamp Set 2.







Here I was not too happy about how dominant the black birds looked, and wanted to push them a bit to the background. I diluted some white gesso and went over them to make them softer. Finally I used brown Distress ink and a waterbrush to outline the tree and my page was finished.





Product list:


That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints: Brown, Green, Red, Yellow


Thank you for stopping by today!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Beautiful composition Melina and fabulous dimension achieved with the pastes. An inspiring piece that would be a joy to look at each morning.
    Big Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so very beautiful Melina, and a wonderful button idea :-) Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous textured journal page Melina and the button idea for the treetop is inspired. Beautiful background too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful Melina, what a pity we can’t reach out and feel that yummy texture though :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Donna and Fliss 💕 Always so kind ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea for added texture, great make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook