Watch the Stars by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone

For this week’s piece I have been playing with Seth Apter dies to make this wall hanging.







Here’s What I Did:


This piece all started with a piece of black card, onto that I sponged, using Cut and Dry Foam, a selection of different colours of Finnabair Impasto paints, I love the thickness of these paints and the texture that they create. The paints were sponged through a Patti Tolley stencil. I then went round each piece of the stenciling with a chrome pen. 

I then glued the background card to one of That’s Crafty! 6” x 6” MDF boards and then trimmed the background to fit. I then used the chrome pen to flick chrome splatters over the background. I then die cut from black card Seth Apters ‘Starstruck’ die twice and again sponged the Impasto paints onto them. 

When the paints were dry I outlined the dies using a chrome pen, sadly the photo doesn’t show how shiny the chrome pen is. I then added them to the background off setting one on top of the other. On top of these I then die cut Seth’s Robo Star, again using black card but this time adding no paint and only adding the chrome pen outline, this I then added on top. To the centre I stenciled the word ‘up’ a word from one of Seth stencils. 

The piece was finished off with a sentiment from one of Alison Bombers PaperArtsy stamp sets, stamped in black on white card, cut out and edged with a black fineliner pen. I finished by adding a few decorative stars from my stash Just need to hang on the wall now.


Here’s What I Used:


Seth Apter Dies – Starstruck & Robo Star


See you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love the colours against the black Amanda, lovely bold statement piece. Love it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real firework of colour Amanda, the outlining with the chrome pen is a fabulous idea, I bet it shines so bright up close. The black card makes those scrumptious colours really pop, a fab wall hanging.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love how semi-stars emerge even in the criss-cross wavy lines of the background, and the layered dies are amazing with that mottled sponged texture. Very cool to have the silver stars and chrome pen adding a touch of starry shimmer too. Brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this. The colors pop so well off the black. The outlines really make the die cuts look dimensional. All the layering. So good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really stunning make Amanda, the contrast between colour and black is just fabulous! Awesome detail too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this is STUNNING, love the use of the black as it really makes the colours pop,fab!!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Amanda, the sky room so filled with blinking stars in the black night.
    The colors are amazing and love the texture you have created .
    Hugs, Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda, this is amazing, full of drama.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook