Something Wicked by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone

Not long now and Halloween will be here and then gone again for another year, so I make no apologies for another Halloween make before I have to pack everything away.







Here’s What I Did:


The background I used was a Gelli print from my stash. From that I die cut using 2 out of the 3 dies from Seth Apters Drip Dry set, I then cut them again in black card. I then placed the background on my Stamping Platform and stamped the witch’s head. 

Leaving the background on the platform I coloured the witch directly onto the Gelli print using first Fresco Finish paints and then coloured pencils, once I had finished colouring it I then re stamped the image over the colouring.






Once removed from the Stamping Platform I then toned down the colours using black Distress ink and a blending tool. Next I inserted the die cuts placing the black die cuts into the negative die cut space in the background, I then stamped the sentiment. 

I then had the bright idea to trickle blood (slightly watered down red paint) down the card, I think this might have been one step too far and I’m not sure I should have added it!! All was then mounted onto black card and then a card blank.


Here’s What I Used:


Gelli print from my stash
Die Cutting Machine
Card Blank
Until next week

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Love that Gelli print background so grungy. Those die cut frames frame the witch image perfectly. The addition of the blood red drips is really effective. Perfect for the season & I love it..!!
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, the strips of blood really makes this more scary, to watch, I think they are great, an d wow the witch face, is ugly :-) The frames are wonderful for her, with the drip drops , a fantastic piece.
    Hugs Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very spookilicious card Amanda. Gorgeous background and love the dripping elements which go so well with the witch and text.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh more spookalicious fun, yes that witch really is as ugly as sin....scary
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect. Love all those drips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The drips of blood are so effective on your card - brilliant.
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook