The Inspiration You Seek by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone 

I have created a wall hanging this week, again on one of That’s Crafty! MDF panels.







Here’s what I did:


I picked a background which had been a piece that I smeared excess paint on, I think there was even a bit a finger painting on this one. I have stamped the deer skull directly onto the background using Tim Holtz Stamping Platform. I do this so I can paint the image and then stamp the detail back in. I have used this painting technique many times recently as without a Stamping Platform, previously this would have been nigh impossible. I have painted the skull with PaperArtsy paints. I have then added detail and a little contrast using coloured pencils. All the stamped feathers on the skull I painted with white and then doodled in the black with a black fineliner pen. I then mounted the piece onto the MDF and trimmed the edges.






The sentiment is from one of the latest sets of words, selected by Alison Bomber, for PaperArtsy. I have heat embossed it in white onto black card.







To add a little more detail I wanted to make some feathers that matched and hang them from the hanging. I used some of That’s Crafty! greyboard small feathers. I painted them with black and heat embossed the white details on using a couple of different stamps. I then hung them from tiny screw eyes using fine jewellery wire.







Here’s What I Used:


Paint background from my stash used Prima Finnabair Impasto Paints
Carabelle Stamps – Plumes & French Lily Background (for feathers)
Fine Jewellery Wire

There are a series of 3 skulls stamps available and I have previously used one of them for a similar wall hanging, which you can see HERE. As I also have the 3rd stamp I think you can expect me to share another to finish the set of 3 off.

Have a fabulous week and see you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. A great master board you have created just by using your waste paint, there's nothing like a bit of finger painting :)) Love that image it's so striking and the addition of your wire wrapped feathers really adds extra dimension. Fabulous piece of hanging art work Amanda.
    Warm Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic wall hanger, the skull is gorgeous painted ,and I love the feathers so beautifully embossed. The quote from Alison`s set fits so perfectly here, and looks great in white on black, like the feathers, wow !!
    Love,
    Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely stunning creation Amanda! The most wonderful detail and colour and love the hanging feathers, the perfect embellishment.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Amanda, another fantastic background and I adore how you embellished. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just fantastic, I especially love what you’ve done with those hanging feathers,amazing creation CC :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning Amanda!!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic drama in the colours behind the skull, and I just love the b&w echoing from the words to the feathers and back again. Amazing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant - I continue to be stunned how you bring your various components together so so wonderfully! A creative mind for sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, dramatic, dynamic, it pulls you in.
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook