Dare to Dream Like No Other by Dorthe Hansen

11:00


How are you all, I hope your weekend was wonderful!!


I’m back this Monday, with my sample for the blog, here at That`s Blogging Crafty! with a hanger, created onto one of the great MDF surfaces. 








I started painting gesso to the whole surface, making texture in some places, by filling the brush with lots of gesso. While wet, I placed a piece of crumpled tissue paper on the bottom to create even more texture.

When all had dried, the beautiful Chestnut Brown paint was mixed with white and painted on the whole surface and after dry, I used the Sparklers Spray Red to spray this wonderful luminescent colour to the lower part of the panel.

My flower was created with 3 petal pieces from the small and big Wildflowers sheets. I painted directly onto the greyboard, with the pink Shimmer Paint and mixed with White Multi Surface paint directly on the flower petals. After dried, I added the Chestnut Brown to all edges, with a dry brush and smeared it with a finger. A piece of lace was dyed with Raspberry Infusions, attached to the top of number 2 petals and on top of the lace the tiny petal, made more interesting with gesso, to create texture before it was painted with the pink paint.







To give the feeling of love and dreams, I stamped Donna’s wonderful heart balloon directly onto the panel and then, onto a piece of brown paper bag from my stash, first painted twice with the Pink Shimmer. The heart was torn from the paper bag and added on top of the already stamped balloon.

I love Tim Holz Paper Dolls and here obviously we needed a happy couple. They both had a tiny bit of paint smeared to their clothes and a pink button was adhered to coat and waistcoat.





Beautiful dyed lace and a piece of fabric from my stash were adhered to the bottom – brown and pink paint blended and smeared onto the edges, the flower was attached and got a stem, from one of the other wild flowers on the sheet and onto tissue paper, I stamped Lynne’s wonderful Affirmation, adhered it to the top panel and the lovely couple to the right.

Lastly I made two holes with the Crop A Dile and for the Sari Silk ribbon, to make a hanger.

Thank you for following me to here, I wish you all a wonderful day!!

Hugs and love, 

Dorthe


Materials Used:


That’s Crafty! Surfaces Bits and Pieces Greyboard Sheets: Small and Large Wildflowers
Sari Silk
From my stash: Dyed lace, buttons, fabric, used paper bag, used tissue paper

You Might Also Like

34 comments

  1. Dorthe, this is filled with romance! Delicate colours and a beautiful collection of textures and such a magical flower and the use of the heart stamp is so lovely. Sweet buttons to decorate the man and woman. Adore this and all the special Dorthe touches!
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lynne, thank you so much , for your kind words, they are much appreciated , xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love this one Dorthe, so many details to keep the eye constantly exploring. I love the colour palette too, beautifully restful oh and I spot my little heart balloon too :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much dear Donna, you are so supportive, and I`m thankful for that . Hugs from Dorthe,xxx

      Delete
  3. There is tenderness and strength here, in equal measure. This brave couple are daring to dream, and your beautiful work is like no other! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Heather, you have such lovely way with words, thank you sweetie - Hugs, Dorthe xx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful, romantic and so beautiful piece 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Melina, so happy you like it !! Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  5. Love how this all matches Dorthe, the colour combo works so well together. Even down to the finer embellishments with their matching buttons, what a sweet attention to detail. The texture using the thick Gesso & adding paper is so effective. A beautiful piece.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, thank you friend, I think I`m a lover of feeling safe, with colors matching :-) So glad you like what I do, dear. Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  6. Grung and pink with oodles of texture. How beautiful and romantic this is. Gorgeous.
    Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Bev, for your kind words !!
      Hugs, xxx

      Delete
  7. Love the colour combo and a great textural platform for the paper dolls
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thank you very much ,-
      Love , Dorthe xx

      Delete
  8. An absolute stunner Dorthe. The colours are so romantic and the textures and attention to detail are so lovely. Very creative use of the heart balloon too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fliss, thank you, much, for your kind words, I love the balloon Donna created, fits so good in here , :-) Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  9. Romance and Bliss is exactly what I see here in your beautiful creation Dorthe Dear. You are amazing with your weekly Works of HeArt. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry, thank you friend, for your kind visits,- Hugs, and kisses
      from Dorthe

      Delete
  10. This is so lovely, Dorthe. I love how your couple are standing on a sequin path! I so look forward to your inspiring creativity each week. Thank You! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie, I`m so happy for your visits, here, and for your kind words.
      Hugs from Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  11. So romantic! Love all the detail, texture and wonderfulness! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Christine -
      Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  12. This is so beautiful and romantic Dorthe! Wonderful textures and details!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, thank you much for your visit here, makes me happy :-) Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Dear Jackie , thank you sweet friend !!
      Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  14. Dorthe, this is so sweet and romantic! Love all of the texture and the pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, so much for your sweet visit , Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  15. Dorthe, this is so sweet and romantic! Love all of the texture and the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfection from top to bottom. I'm so glad I found your blog!!!!!

    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, how wonderful to see you here, - this is but, bot my blog, but I will write you :-) Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  17. I could get lost in this beautiful texture and absolutely love the way you've used these colors and this image. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely romantic piece, Dorthe... I love the giant flower, and that wonderful sequin strip along the ground - and the perfect couple to choose for this lovely setting.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous piece, Dorthe, I love the colours you have used. Aah, and all those wonderful elements you used, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook