Autumnal Wreath by Melina Dahl

11:00

Hello!

It´s Melina here today sharing an autumnal wreath I made using the gorgeous new greyboard embellishments.








Here´s what i did:









I started with the medium size MDF wreath and glued down my greyboard leaves and mushrooms.

I used modeling paste through the new leaf stencil on some of the leaves. On the mushrooms I used a Dinky stencil and used my heat gun to cook the modeling paste so I could get more texture on the white dots.








I covered everything with white gesso. I used lots of thread behind the bits and pieces at the bottom of my wreath, to make it softer and more organic, like moss. I also used mini art stones in some places.








I went over with a second coat of gesso to cover everything. While the gesso was still wet, and made the greyboard a little soft, I made marks on some of the leaves using the tip of my spatula. I also continued to build texture with modeling paste, on the empty spaces of the wreath and on some leaves.








Once dry I started to colour my wreath. I wanted to try how the Distress Oxides would work on a piece like this. I smudged the ink pads to my craft sheet, sprayed with water and painted everything with a brush. I hade to build up the colours with many layers of the Oxides.

I wasn´t really happy with the chalky look once everything was dry, so I used a fixative and sprayed to the whole surface. It worked as I had hoped for and the colours got a little bit more vibrant.










I used:


Thread
Fixative
Hemp Twine

Thank you for stopping by today!

Melina xx

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love this Melina, a real call to nature. I would adore to have something like this is my home. A beautiful piece. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous Melina, so beautiful texture, you created, and the leaves are so amazing in both texture and colors. Great use of pearls and threads. Xxx, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely beautiful wreath Melina and love all the gorgeous texture on there too. Thanks for the tip on sticking everything on first as well as I'd never have thought of doing that.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooo beautiful, loving all the amazing textures you've achieved Melina
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Love the colours and all the texture - wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm late. This is gorgeous Melina. Love all the green texture and those mushrooms are fab. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melina, this is lovely and fun, as though the toadstools could be illustrations from a children's book - very sweet.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook