Unique by Dorthe Hansen

11:00


Dear friends, are you ready to start a new week ? I hope you are and that it will be a good and wonderful week.
I am here as usual, Monday with my blog post for That`s Blogging Crafty! A card with my loved nature and bird theme.





I started with a piece of watercolor paper, sprayed with Infusions Sleight blue and after dried, I went over with Distress Oxide, Iced Spruce and a little Worn Lipstick here and there and also Antique Linen was dabbed on - especially in the corners. I left several spots free of inks, to give light to the background.
Next I used the Words Series Stencil - Journal, adding the squares to add interest - Worn Lipstick was used and softened a bit with Vintage Photo. 






This little lovely fellow was stenciled with the wonderful Dinky: Robin Silhouette, using a good layer of Iced Spruce again and after painted with Brush Markers, That's Crafty! Antique Silver and Pearl and details added with Sharpie pens Black and Brown.
On top of her, I used Lynne's Affirmation Set 2. They carry secrets on their wings was stamped with Archival ink Coffee.
I then stamped the word Unique from The Quirky Girls Collection, “Fern”  4 times on the right side using Vintage Photo Oxide and layered the found dried stick for the bird to have her nest there. The nest made from torn piece of fabric, dyed with the Iced Spruce and dried plant fibers.



I love the embellishment Feathers and two were  painted with gesso and after dried, dabbed with the Distress Oxides, using all 3 colours, I also used them on the background to give a little life without actually drawing the feathers. The small one was layered on top of a dyed piece of lace and another torn fabric piece - the same as for the nest, was adhered to the bottom card.
The last thing to do, was using Worn Lipstick to define all the edges around the card and soften it again with Vintage Photo. Little dots of White Sharpie were added to the centre of the squares, under the affirmation and to the eye and wing of the bird.

Materials Used :


Dorthe

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Such a wonder to see Dorthe, that wee Bird sitting so proud on his found twig. He looks like he is watching or looking for his fellow friend. Beautiful touch using the worn lipstick it really does add warmth to it all.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , dear Tracey, yes he might look for her , lol-
      Hugs, Dorthe xx

      Delete
  2. How lovely, Dorthe - the detailed painting of your bird is just wonderful, and I love the soft, warm colour tones. Beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alison, I love this stencil, making it possibly to paint your own choice of bird , so round and sweet the form is !!
      Dorthe xox

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely post. So true to natures colors. Loving all the textures and beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Sylvia, I`m happy you like it.
      Thank`s for your visit !!

      Delete
  4. Love the subtle colouring of the feathers and little bird! Beautiful Dorthe - a wonderful design x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nikki, thank you very much , I love the bird stencil, which gives the freedom to create a lot of different birdies, when painting :-) xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful project Dorthe and I adore how you have coloured your sweet bird bringing it to life.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie for your so kind words, and your visit - Dorthe, x

      Delete
  6. This is absolutely stunning Dorthe. I love the soft colours and the way you have coloured that sweet little bird is just beautiful. Love everything about it.

    Much love, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bev, thank you so much, for you loving words, you are so sweet , and I treasure your opinion .
      Love to you, too-
      Dorthe, xxx

      Delete
  7. Oooooh I love this Dorthe, I'm instantly transported into the magical world of nature :)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, it makes me proud that you love my creation, I almost always ,kind of end up with something nature related :-)
      Hugs to you,
      Dorthe xx

      Delete
  8. Dear Dorthe, your creation is so beautiful! I love the earthy colors you chose. You can never fail when you use nature pieces in your art. I love everything about this piece. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dorthe, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the textures, the feathers and that beautiful little bird - such exquisite work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh beautiful colouring, lovely textures and a truly natural feel to this wonderful piece! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dorthe, what a gorgeous catd! I love all things bird and this is just lovely. You have captured such detail in this piece. I love the colors you have used....so natural to nature. The twig, best and feathers give such dimension and texture. I love Lynne's Affirmation you chose for this! Thank you for sharing, Sharon aka "inkybru"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Dorthe, you have made a beautiful nature card featuring birds. The watercolor background and layers of netting look perfect for your bird and branch. So soft and natural!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful card Dorthe and I just love your cute little bird. Great textures and details and its so nice to see Lynne's Affirmations stamp set too.

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous Dorthe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. An absolutely stunning creation Dorthe. The little bird is so beautifully created from the stencil and love all the natural elements too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook