Angels Amongst Us by Donna Gray

11:00


Hi everyone,

Donna here today with a card featuring my Angel from one of my new That’s Crafty! Christmas themed clear stamp sets.







What I did:


I used a sheet of watercolour paper and swooshed it through blue and purple diluted Oxides on my craft mat, then dried it thoroughly.

I then added some stencilling using a green and blue Oxide through a Dinky stencil and one of the new bigger stencils in the shape of a Poinsettia Christmas tree; I wanted to keep the background subtle.

Next step was to stamp the Angel on a sheet of Strathmore mixed media paper and colour her in. I used my Zig pens for this but it really doesn’t matter what you choose as the paper will take anything you throw at it! 

I stamped the halo separately and coloured that in too. In this set I’ve included a crown too so you can make her an Angel OR a Queen, whatever takes your fancy at the time of creating.

I adhered her to the card with her halo. I added a piece of Dresden trim and a Tim Holtz sentiment for a finishing touch. Then mounted onto white cardstock.

I really hope you all like my Angel and the rest of the stamps too….it’s never too early to start making those Christmas cards especially as this year just seems to be flying by!!


Supplies Used:


Distress Markers (use instead of the Zig pens)
Dresden Trim

  
Hope you like it

Donna x

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. She is an adorable stamp, love her boho way a style close to my heart. Love the way you have used the poinsettia stencil half and half on the page plus all it's other elements. She's on fire!! Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful fancy angel this is - UNIQUE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Donna, I love how you so beautifully framed her with the lovely stencil, it looks stunning, as if your angel of amazing power , opens up to Heaven and the blue kind sky. She looks gorgeous, my dear !!
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this image and you have coloured her beautifully! Great idea to use the Dresden trim too - must remember to do that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most wonderfully colourful Angel ever, brilliant card!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knock out Donna. Love the background and your angel is stunning in all those wonderful colours. Perfect.
    Much love, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's delightful, Donna - I love the fiery ombre colouring on her dress. Lovely card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Donna, gorgeous background and I love how you've coloured your angel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunningly colourful card Donna, so much gorgeous detail and a wonderful stencilled background.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook