Hello Crafters! It's Alison here today, with another of my large journal pages that I made for Hochanda.
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Surfaces White/Greyboard Journals - A4, 3x5 ins
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic - Cobalt Teal Hue, Green Gold, Carbon Black
That's Crafty! Word Series Stencils - Live, Dream
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Dragonfly Flight, Believe, Numbers
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets - Serenity Collection - Fleur
From my stash - A contrasting Gelli Plate print (or you could use patterned paper), Orange Posca Paint Pen
Here's what I did...
1. I started by giving my A4 and 3x5 ins pages some colour, using Cobalt Teal Hue and Green Gold fluid acrylic, and blending the colours a little with the white Tinting Base.
2. Next, I added some stencilling with the same colours, tone on tone, using the Dinky Stencils Dragonfly Flight and Numbers.
3. Using Carbon Black fluid acrylic, I stencilled with the Believe Dinky Stencil on the 3x5 ins page. Then I stencilled the words Live and Dream onto the A4 page. I also stencilled the bubbles pattern from the Dream stencil in the top left and bottom right corners to create a kind of border.
4. Using the serrated edge of the Dream stencil, I dipped it in a little Carbon Black paint that I'd smeared on my craft mat, then added some scrapes of paint to the top right and bottom left of the A4 page.
5. On a piece of contrasting Gelli Plate print, I stamped three of the flowers and four of the leaves from the 'Fleur' stamp set, using black Archival ink. I cut out the leaves and flower heads. On the A4 page, I stamped the flower in the centre, then used matte medium to adhere one gelli print flower head over the stamped one, then the other two fanning out at the sides. I glued the gelli print leaves onto the 3x5 ins page.
6. Using a fine black Sharpie, I doodled a base to the stem of the flower on the A4 page, then used an orange paint pen to add colour to the stripes. I also Stencilled some more carbon black bubbles with the Dream stencil.
7. I used my orange paint pen to add outlines to the large stencilled words, and a bit of detail on the stencilled bubbles. I used Glossy Accents to adhere a square acrylic shape over the 'D' of the word Dream. I also added a few doodled crosses to the page with a white gel pen.
8. I finished off each page with some carbon black paint sponged on the edges, then attached the 3x5 ins page to the front of the A4 page with book rings.
I hope I've inspired to to be creative today,