Live... Dream... by Alison Hall

00:00


Hello Crafters! It's Alison here today, with another of my large journal pages that I made for Hochanda.







Here's what I used...


DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic - Cobalt Teal Hue, Green Gold, Carbon Black 
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Dragonfly Flight, Believe, Numbers
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets - Serenity Collection - Fleur
From my stash - A contrasting Gelli Plate print (or you could use patterned paper), Orange Posca Paint Pen


Here's what I did...


1. I started by giving my A4 and 3x5 ins pages some colour, using Cobalt Teal Hue and Green Gold fluid acrylic, and blending the colours a little with the white Tinting Base.

2. Next, I added some stencilling with the same colours, tone on tone, using the Dinky Stencils Dragonfly Flight and Numbers.

3. Using Carbon Black fluid acrylic, I stencilled with the Believe Dinky Stencil on the 3x5 ins page. Then I stencilled the words Live and Dream onto the A4 page. I also stencilled the bubbles pattern from the Dream stencil in the top left and bottom right corners to create a kind of border.

4. Using the serrated edge of the Dream stencil, I dipped it in a little Carbon Black paint that I'd smeared on my craft mat, then added some scrapes of paint to the top right and bottom left of the A4 page.

5. On a piece of contrasting Gelli Plate print, I stamped three of the flowers and four of the leaves from the 'Fleur' stamp set, using black Archival ink. I cut out the leaves and flower heads. On the A4 page, I stamped the flower in the centre, then used matte medium to adhere one gelli print flower head over the stamped one, then the other two fanning out at the sides. I glued the gelli print leaves onto the 3x5 ins page.






6. Using a fine black Sharpie, I doodled a base to the stem of the flower on the A4 page, then used an orange paint pen to add colour to the stripes. I also Stencilled some more carbon black bubbles with the Dream stencil.

7. I used my orange paint pen to add outlines to the large stencilled words, and a bit of detail on the stencilled bubbles. I used Glossy Accents to adhere a square acrylic shape over the 'D' of the word Dream. I also added a few doodled crosses to the page with a white gel pen. 

8. I finished off each page with some carbon black paint sponged on the edges, then attached the 3x5 ins page to the front of the A4 page with book rings. 

I hope I've inspired to to be creative today, 
Alison x

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. these are gorgeous pages, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this Alison. Gorgeous colours and so much lovely subtle detail.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vivid, original and fun! Love the message too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love the colours and those cool bright flowers. The scrapes of black paint look so effective, a fab little detail! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another set of fabulous pages
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool pages Alison! Happy belated Valentine's Day, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this, so dynamic and bright

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful!! Such an inventive use of that flower stamp...I've added it to my little gallery on my blog of course ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love these layered pages - the colours are so uplifting - a treat!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook