Hello everyone! It's Alison here today, with the final set of pages that I made for Hochanda recently. I've used all of the new That's Crafty! Word Series stencils on this page. I adore those big words, and the fact that the stencils have patterns and fancy edges on them too. So useful!
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Surfaces White/Greyboard Journal Set (A4 & 3x5 ins)
That's Crafty! Word Series Stencils - Love, Art, Create, Dream
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint - Cobalt Teal Hue, Magenta, Carbon Black
Here's what I did...
1. I first added some colour to the pages with the Cobalt Teal Hue and Magenta paints, softening and blending the colours with the white tinting base. The white tinting base also makes the fluid acrylics opaque, so there is no need for a base of gesso.
2. Next I started stencilling tone on tone, using the same colour paints, with the patterns from the Word Series stencils. I also added some texture by painting a piece of bubble wrap with the Magenta, and pressing it onto the pages here and there.
3. Using Carbon Black paint, I stencilled 'Love Art' on the A4 page, and added borders of the hearts from the 'Art' stencil on both pages. I stencilled the number 1 from the Dinky Numbers above the words on the A4 page, then shifted it to the right slightly to turn the '1' into a letter 'I'. I also stamped the phrase from Motivational Words Set 1 onto the small journal page, using black Archival ink.
4. Using the black and white journalling pens, I outlined the stencilled words and patterns, adding dots and doodles too.
5. Using the comb edge of the Love stencil, I dipped it into some white tinting base to make some white marks on the A4 page, then into the black paint to make a few black marks, scraping it across and down, and dotting it in places too.
6. The acrylic shapes are great for adding a funky accent to your pages. I took three of the circles, painted one side with Cobalt Teal Hue, and used Carbon Black paint to stencil the bubbles from the Dream word stencil on the other side. I then used Glossy Accents to adhere them to the page, stencilled side up.
7. Finally, I used ink blending foam to edge both pages with black paint, then attached them together with book rings.
Have fun getting arty today!