Dreams by Alison Hall

00:00


Hi Everyone! I love That's Crafty's white/greyboard art journals. They're so perfect if you're into mixed media, as the pages are thick board that take anything. Did you see the fabulous new sizes on Hochanda TV on Monday. I love the A4 one! Anyway, I digress. Today I'm sharing another page of my 5x7inch journal.







Here's what I used...


DecoArt Media Mister - Red, Primary Yellow


Here's what I did...


1. I began by using a palette knife to spread a layer of modelling paste over my page. I applied it from the centre of the page, so that it was a thinner application on the outer edges.

2. I used a heat gun to lightly dry the paste, so that a skin formed, but it wasn't fully dry. Then I pressed the Dreams stamp into the paste. I quickly cleaned off any paste that might have got onto the stamp, then fully dried the page with my heat gun.

3. I sprayed the top of the page with the Red mister, then sprayed with water, holding the page up to let the paint drip. Then I added some Primary Yellow, and also sprayed that with water, until I had the effects I wanted. I love how the misted paint falls into the dips of the stamped texture, and highlights it.

4. Using a small round paintbrush, I painted in the texture of the stamped word 'Dreams' with Carbon Black fluid acrylic. I also painted in the texture of the 'x'.

5. I used Jet Black Archival ink to partially stamp Finnabair's wire net a few times on my page. Then I added some water to a dot of carbon black paint, and used the paintbrush to flick some splatters on the page.

6. To finish, I sponged the edges of my page with the Carbon Black paint.


I hope I've inspired you to get arty today.


Alison x

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. stunning colour and texture, the dreams stamp is fantastic (I only recently inked it for the first time...) Love this piece Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling all that yummy texture and colour wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super colours and texture
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous Alison, great colour and love all the gorgeous texture.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is awesome! Stunning textured background, gorgeous colours and the dream stamp is fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this...reminds me of a fruit salad sweet!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook