Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Quick Batch of Xmas Cards by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone
Time is flying past me at the moment and at this time of the year, I am sure like many of you, crafting takes a bit of a back seat. I thankfully have never got into making loads of Xmas cards and have full respect to those that do, but I do have to make a few for close family. So with time against me, I always leave it till the last minute, talking about last minute I haven’t bought any Xmas presents either yet!!! I had to come up with something quick.







Here’s What I Did:-


I started by making a masterboard which I made using a piece of kraft card stock and randomly stamped the 3 different star stamps onto it. I then randomly added orange and yellow Distress crayons which I blended into the stars using my fingers. I then cut into strips, 3 in total from one piece of A4 card.

I then stamped each of the 3 stars onto one of the wooden discs, you could also use MDF shapes instead. Again I coloured using Distress crayons, blending into the stars. I then flicked white Dylusions paint, slightly thinned down, onto the stars and background.






I used some fine natural twine to hang the wooden disc and wrapped some more around the cut strip. The strip was then mounted onto a white background using 3D gel. The sentiment is from a Dina Wakley stamp set, all was then added to a kraft card blank.


What I Used:-


Distress Crayons – Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade & Squeezed Lemonade
Wooden Disc or similar ie MDF Shapes
Kraft 8” x 8” Card Blank


A quick one from me this week, but hopefully a little bit of inspiration for you if you, like me, need a quick idea.

See you next week
Love
Amanda X

8 comments:

  1. These look amazing for quick makes Amanda. Love them and thanks for the idea.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really love these, so striking and I'm hoping I'm getting one in the post too maybe?!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous! Love them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they look great for quick cards, may have to steal this idea next year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant design - I love those wooden discs as baubles, and the starry stamping is fab. Love these a lot.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great composition and I love the wooden discs.
    Wishes
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...