Hi everyone, Alison here today, with my cogs hanging sample that I made for the recent That's Crafty! Hochanda TV show.
Here's what I used...
DecoArt Media Paint Misters - Yellow Green, Orange, Primary Magenta, White, Turquoise
Seth Apter Spellbinder Dies - Coffee Ring, Splatter Proof
Black Soft Pencil
Circle Punch - 1 inch
Here's what I did...
1. I began by sponging black gesso all over the panel and cogs.
2. Next, I sprayed the panel and cogs with Yellow Green, Primary Magenta, and Turquoise, finishing up with a light spray of white.
3. I die cut a few of the Seth Apter circles and splatters, then embossed them with the Aged Gold Frantage.
4. I painted a thin layer of white gesso on a book page, then stamped a few of Dina's Boxed Faces. I punched out the eyes with a circle punch. I also die cut a face with Seth's Coffee Ring die.
5. I glued the circles in place on the panel and cogs, linking them as I went, and adding the punched eyes and die cut face.
6. I finished off with some splatters of orange and black paint, and some sprinkles of Aged Gold EP, then used yellow string to hang my pieces. I also added some shadow around the face, eyes and circles with a soft black pencil.
I hope I've inspired you today,