Choosing Happiness by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Hi there, this week I have the reverse side of my splat upright, the other side being shared last week and also featuring Donna’s cute and quirky Treena. This side is about my love of nature as I’m never happier than when in my garden or the countryside with lots of lovely flowers and creatures around.







 Ingredients:


That’s Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets – Treena, Beki, Penny
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Blue Green Light, Yellow Green Light, Green Gold, Cobalt Blue Hue


Recipe:


I first gave the splat and base a couple of coats of gesso to make a good surface for further paint application.

Next, I added dots of the green shades of paint to the splat and base then spread the paint with a brayer until the surface was covered. This gives a mottled green effect.

I then used the dragonfly stencil with the cobalt blue paint to create flights of dragonflies across the top half of the painted splat. I added some to the painted base as well.

I stamped Treena and a variety of flowers from the other stamp sets onto white card with the black ink and painted them all with watercolour pencils. I then cut the images out.

I arranged Treena and the flowers on the lower half of the splat, not sticking them on until I was happy with the effect. I used a mix of glue and double sided foam tape to add dimension.

I finished off with my chosen big chat stickers and then glued the splat shape to the base.


Have a great weekend and see you next week. I can’t believe it’s nearly Christmas!


Fliss x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Brilliant Fliss, such funky colours
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow another stunner using Treena .....I almost feel that she was especially drawn for you Fliss ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful, joyful piece Fliss! I love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fliss, Even with the bold use of colour, I find this very restful. She was made to wander amongst the flowers :)
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that splat substrate and fab use of it and the stamps to create a little garden resting spot.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook