The Cat On The Hat by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Hi there, I hope you managed to catch the shows on Hochanda yesterday with the lovely Neil demoing some fab new goodies. If you did, you might have spotted my top hat upright, which as soon as I saw the blank, the cat in the hat popped into my head and Bentley came out to play. This is the first side.







Ingredients:


DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Cobalt Blue Hue, Primary Cyan, Ultramarine Blue, Quinacridone Violet
Red Grosgrain Ribbon



Recipe:


First coat the hat and the base with a thin layer of gesso. When this is dry, add drops of the shades of blue paint on one side only and use the brayer to spread the paint over the hat shape.

When the paint has dried, use the chevron stencil to apply a pattern to the surface. I used dark blue paint to add horizontal stripes up the sides and the violet paint to apply a vertical stripe up the centre.

Stamp Bentley on white card together with the tiny flower from the Fleur set using the black ink. Colour the images with pencils and blend the colours around the edges. Cut them both out.

I made Bentley’s hat by drawing round the hat shape on a piece of copy paper. I then scanned the image to my computer and resized it in a photo programme. I cut the printed image out and drew round it on white card. I went over the image with a black Sharpie pen and drew on stripes. I then coloured some of the stripes red. I cut the hat out.

I added Bentley to the hat upright and gave him the hat over one ear – I think this makes him look a little rakish. I gave the hat a floral decoration.

I finished off with a scrap of red grosgrain ribbon to add a touch of elegance.


We have a new challenge for you today over a That’s Crafty! Challenge Blog so don’t forget to check it out at 8am to see how you can win a fab prize.


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.....what more can I say?!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a treat, so clever too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Fliss cat in a hat at its best!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 'cat on the hat' Fliss! Great idea!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook