Hello Crafters! It's Alison here today, with a mixed media journal page.
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Floral Background, Raindrops Background
DecoArt Media Misters - Orange, Primary Yellow, Red
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic - Carbon Black, Cobalt Teal Hue
Here's what I did...
1. I started by gluing some pieces of lace to a page of the white/greyboard journal. Then I painted the page with white gesso.
2. Unscrewing the lids of the DecoArt Mister bottles, I used a paintbrush to apply the liquid paint to the top of the page. I started with the yellow, spritzing it with water, then holding up the page to let the paint drip. Then I went on to add the orange and red, spritzing and mopping the excess colour as I went, until I was happy with my background. I used a heat gun to dry the paint.
3. When the background was dry, I added some stencilling, first with the Floral Background Dinky stencil and Carbon Black paint. To stencil the raindrops, I first used some white Tinting Base, then the Cobalt Teal Hue, so that the true colour would show up over the background.
4. Using the black Archival ink, I stamped the fairy and the bird onto my page. Then I stamped both of the images and the text onto white card, and cut it all out. I sponged the edges of the text with black ink, then adhered the images and text to the page, using Matte Medium. The fairy and bird are adhered over the images I'd already stamped on the background.
5. I stamped some of the stars from the bird image around the page, then sponged the edges with black ink to finish.
I hope I've inspired you to be creative today,