Hi everyone! It's Alison here today, with an Autumnal journal page. My son has moved out, my daughter is back at uni, hubby's at work, and I've just ditched my daytime job, so I'm enjoying the solitude.
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Bubbles Background, Arrows Background, Raindrops Background
DecoArt Media - White Gesso, White Texture Sand Paste, Tinting Base, Matte Medium
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic - Cobalt Teal Hue, Phthalo Blue
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic - Tango, Captain Peacock, Bougainvillea
Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black, Watering Can
Painty scrap paper, Book page word
1. Using a page from a That's Crafty! 5 x 7 inch white/greyboard journal, I first applied DecoArt Texture Sand Paste through the Bubbles Background Dinky stencil. I did this randomly in a few places.
2. The next step was to apply white gesso over the whole page. Then I started applying the White Tinting Base and Cobalt Teal Hue, blending it over the page.
3. Next, I did some more stencilling, using Cobalt Teal Hue with the Arrows Background, and Phthalo Blue with the Raindrops Background.
4. I added some background stamping, using the Prima Bubbles with Watering Can ink, and Prima Messy with Jet Black ink.
5. I stamped the Birgit Koopsen leaves three times on a painty piece of scrap paper, using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then clear embossed them and cut them out. The paper I used had some Fresco paint on it, Bougainvillea, Captain Peacock, and Tango.
6. Using matte medium, I adhered the leaves to my journal page. I also added the word 'solitude' from an old book page.
7. To finish, I stamped the Prima Bubbles repeatedly around the edges of my page with Jet Black Archival ink, then used a black journaling pen to outline the book page word.
I hope I've inspired you today,
have fun crafting,