Hello everyone, Alison here today with one of the new That's Crafty! Surfaces MDF Uprights. You might recognise this, as it was one of my make and take projects at the Crafting at Ally Pally show last month.
Here's what I used...
Carabelle Studio Stamp Sets - 'Joy' and Birgit Koopsen's Layered Strips
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Bubbles, Arrows Background, Reverse Honeycomb Background
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic - Cadmium Orange Hue, Cobalt Teal Hue, Carbon Black
Old Book Page
1. Start by painting both pieces of the Upright, all over, with white gesso, then paint them with the Cadmium Orange Hue paint.
2. To get the teal coloured bubbles to stand out over the orange, I first stencilled with the DecoArt White Tinting Base, then with Cobalt Teal Hue. Once the paint was dry, I replaced the Bubbles stencil, and used black Archival ink to stamp with the Layered Strips, to add some stamped texture to the bubbles.
3. Use the Carbon Black paint to stencil some arrows, and the White Tinting Base to stencil the Reverse Honeycomb.
4. Use the black archival ink to stamp the base of the Upright with the Layered Strips, then stamp the girl onto the upright part. Lightly gesso a book page, stamp the girl with black archival ink, then clear emboss the image. This will help the black ink to stand out more. Cut around the girl and two balloons, then use matte medium to adhere them over the image on the Upright.
5. Stamp the phrase from 'Joy' a couple of times on the Upright, to finish.
Wishing you a very creative day,