Shabby Chic Heart by Alison Hall

00:00


 Hi everyone! It's Alison here today with a project that I taught at Ally Pally last weekend.






Here's what I used...


Carabelle Studio Stamp Sets - Birgit Koopsen - Follow Your Heart, Layered Strips
Crop-A-Dile, Book Page, Ribbon, Paintbrush, Stencil Brush


Instructions...


1. From the heart sampler pack, take the largest and smallest hearts, then paint them with a base coat of white gesso.

2. Start painting the hearts with some Tinting Base first, then whilst it's still wet, blend in some Cobalt Teal Hue. Do this on both hearts until you have a blended pale turquoise colour. I painted both sides of the large heart, but just the front of the small one. I added more of the teal paint to the small heart so that it was slightly darker.

3. Use the Potting Soil ink to stamp parts of the Layered Strip stamp down the left side of the large heart. Then ink up the Layered Strip again, and press the small heart onto it, to stamp the part of your choice. I stamped the part with music, sequin waste and a little bit of mesh. Ink the edges of both hearts with the brown ink, then stamp the phrase on the top right of the large heart.

4. Stencil the live, love, laugh down the left side of the large heart with Cobalt Teal Hue. I stencilled it slightly off the edge and stencilled another heart at the bottom.

5. Paint a book page lightly with gesso, then die cut a large and small heart. Use Matte Medium to glue in place on the large heart, then glue the small heart in place, over the large heart die cut.

6. Punch two holes in the top of the large heart, then add some ribbon to finish.


Have a creative day, 

Alison x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Beautiful. And, as is always the case, even better in the flesh. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful Alison. Love all the layers and the great stamping detail.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely loved this when I saw it at Ally Pally, the picture doesn't do it justice!
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project I bet people really enjoyed making it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hoped to get to Ally Pally in time to sign up to make this! At least now I have seen the real deal and have some idea of what to do now too! Can I add you to my side bar when I get home? Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook