Hi everyone! It's Alison here today with a project that I taught at Ally Pally last weekend.
Here's what I used...
Carabelle Studio Stamp Sets - Birgit Koopsen - Follow Your Heart, Layered Strips
1. From the heart sampler pack, take the largest and smallest hearts, then paint them with a base coat of white gesso.
2. Start painting the hearts with some Tinting Base first, then whilst it's still wet, blend in some Cobalt Teal Hue. Do this on both hearts until you have a blended pale turquoise colour. I painted both sides of the large heart, but just the front of the small one. I added more of the teal paint to the small heart so that it was slightly darker.
3. Use the Potting Soil ink to stamp parts of the Layered Strip stamp down the left side of the large heart. Then ink up the Layered Strip again, and press the small heart onto it, to stamp the part of your choice. I stamped the part with music, sequin waste and a little bit of mesh. Ink the edges of both hearts with the brown ink, then stamp the phrase on the top right of the large heart.
4. Stencil the live, love, laugh down the left side of the large heart with Cobalt Teal Hue. I stencilled it slightly off the edge and stencilled another heart at the bottom.
5. Paint a book page lightly with gesso, then die cut a large and small heart. Use Matte Medium to glue in place on the large heart, then glue the small heart in place, over the large heart die cut.
6. Punch two holes in the top of the large heart, then add some ribbon to finish.
Have a creative day,