Framing Heather by Nikki Acton

00:00

 





I was very excited to have a play with the new That’s Crafty! Stamps designed by Donna Gray. I chose to use ‘Heather’ from the Quirky Girls collection. For those that know me, I am as shocked as you are that I didn’t use Donna’s lovely cat stamp on this project!


What I did






My base panel is 6x6 inches which fitted perfectly in a shadow box I had lying around. The Distress Collage Medium was the crazing variety – so the surface has tiny aged crackles. It made the painting slightly more difficult but I love the effect!







I used the same three Distress paint colours over the whole project – Mustard Seed, Gathered Twigs and Fired brick – with the exception of blue for her eyes and earrings. I added lots of white dots to add to the quirky spirit of ‘Heather’.







Finally I took the leaf from the stamp set and used it over the shadow box frame. I stamped in Sepia Archival.





Nikki

Supplies


Tim Holtz Distress Paint – Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Gathered Twigs, Mermaid Lagoon
PaperArtsy Fresco Acrylics – Sage and Chalk

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Awesome! I particularly love how you did the frame. It looks so good. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Nikki, triple lovelyness!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this one Nikki, Heather looks amazing and that frame is a genius idea :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great make and the white dots really kick

    ReplyDelete
  5. The frame is beautiful Nikki and love how you coloured Heather, she looks like a girl with a bit of attitude - love the eyes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever frame Nikki and love the Autumn colour theme.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great stamps. Your picture works so well with them.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook