Hi Everyone! Alison here today with a bright, stencilled butterfly panel.
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Arrows Background, Numbers, Bubble Wrap, Chevrons Background, Flight of Butterflies
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint - Primary Magenta, Cadmium Orange Hue, Cobalt Teal Hue, Green Gold, Carbon Black
Carabelle Studio Stamps - Mini Butterfly, French Lily Background by Birgit Koopsen
1. I began by adding a base coat of white gesso to the panel, then I painted it with Primary Magenta.
2. To make the stencilled patterns stand out on the magenta background, I first stencilled with the tinting base which is opaque white, then with the colour. So for the bubble wrap design, I first stencilled with tinting base, then with Cobalt Blue Hue. The chevrons were simply stencilled with tinting base, and the butterflies were stencilled with just Carbon Black as this gives opaque coverage.
3. I painted an old book page with a thin layer of white gesso, then stamped the butterfly and cut it out. The phrase from French Lily Background was stamped on the edge of the book paper so there is no text beneath.
4. Using matte medium, I adhered the butterfly and phrase to the panel, then used a black journaling pen to outline and add detail.
5. To finish, I used the end of a paintbrush to add tiny dots of paint to the stencilled butterflies.
I hope I've inspired you to create some art today.