Summer Meadow Triptych by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Hello everyone, it’s Fliss here today to share the first part of my nature themed triptych which I’ve made double sided so that I can turn it round sometimes to show the reverse which I’ll be sharing next week. This side is soft and gentle as I was thinking of a meadow on a balmy summer evening and is just the ticket for some chilled out thoughts.






Ingredients:


Archival Ink – Olive, Plum, Fern Green, Wild Orchid


Recipe:



First paint all the panels, back and front, with the gesso and allow them to dry. Next sponge the top half of each panel, back and front, with a mix of blue and white paint, then dry brush with white and deep pink to give the effect of a sky turning to dusk. Sponge the lower half of the panels with a mix of yellow and green paints and dry thoroughly.







Now for the stamping. I started at the left hand panel working in a sort of sweep from left to right across the panels. I stamped first with the small grass like image, using olive and plum ink. I stamped the images higher up on the edges, lower across the centre to form a gentle dip in shape.

I carried on stamping with the fern green ink and added in some wild orchid using another of the wild flower stamps. I then stamped on the dandelion type image with Versamark ink and heat embossed the images with white embossing powder.







I stamped the tiny asterisk style images from the PaperArtsy set on the panels with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white powder. I think they look just like dandelion clocks drifting in a gentle breeze.

I stamped the tiny butterflies on stamping card with the olive ink and coloured them with watercolour pencils then cut them out. I glued these to the panels as you see. As a final touch, I added some detail with the bubbles stencil and some deep pink paint. I then assembled the panels with the jump rings provided with the triptych set.







Have a great weekend and see you next week for part 2 of my triptych.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Fliss this is lovely, a true Spring meadow you just feel like you would love to just run through it.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh beautiful, really atmospheric creation
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous!
    Lovely colours and details.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Fliss! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Fliss this is a perfect summer day beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous summer meadow triptych!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook