Hi Everyone! Here's my tutorial for the MDF triptych I made for That's Crafty's recent Hochanda TV show.
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - 076 Bubble Wrap, 029 Chevrons background, 031 Reverse Honeycomb Background, 067 Floral Background, 074 Wings
Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint - Sky, Ruby, Tangerine, Gilt, Blushing
Dina Wakley Media Stamp Set - Scribbly Women, Textures
1. I started by giving the triptych pieces a base coat of white gesso, front, back, and sides.
2. Next, I used a brayer to randomly apply some Ruby paint to all the pieces, front and back.
3. I stencilled the Chevrons with Sky, the Bubble Wrap with Tangerine, and the Reverse Honeycomb with Gilt.
4. I stamped the script from Dina's Textures randomly over the front and back with black Stazon, then stamped the Scribbly Woman just on the front of the central piece. I used a fine black Sharpie to lengthen her arms and body. I carefully painted her face and neck with Blushing paint.
5. I used Gilt paint to stencil on some wings, then added some details with the black Sharpie. I stencilled a flower on the woman's head, using the Floral Background Dinky Stencil with Sky paint, and outlined it with the black Sharpie. I then stamped the phrase a few times with black Stazon.
6. Finally, I sponged some Gilt paint on all the edges, then tied the triptych together with some blue ribbon.
I hope you're inspired by my bright and colourful triptych.
Until next week,