Noel by Moira Sutton

00:00







Crafter's Workshop 6 x 6 Stencil Damask
Red Line Tape
Gold Glitter
Black Ribbon
7 x 7 Card Blank
Noel Stamp from Stash



I know it’s August but here is my first Christmas Card of the year. I’m sorry for using the “C” word. We are packing up our home at the moment ready to move which means most of my craft goodies have gone into storage leaving me with just a little to play with. It will be interesting to see what I miss and what I don’t while its away. Anyway the Pebeo Dyna paint set arrived this week. These are acrylic paints with a heavy mica load to them and I wanted to try them out, being short of time though, I couldn’t get into a canvas or altered project so the result is this card.

So I started by cutting my Mixed Media paper to 6 x 6 and stencilling the Damask in Modelling Paste. When dry I painted it completely in black Gesso. You could also use black card and black modelling paste and cut a step out but I did not have any black modelling paste to hand.

I painted the whole area in the Green Yellow paint using my brush in an up and down motion and left to dry. As is often the case with mica the sheen in real life is such amazing, but hard to photograph. I replaced the stencil and brushed over the DecoArt Lustre Wax. 

Next I put a strip of the thin red line tape along each edge of the card and dipped it in glitter, wrapped a black ribbon around and stuck to a black mat. 


Using an off cut of the black card I stamped the Noel in Versamark and heat embossed the gold, added this to the card and layered it onto the card blank.  


Moira

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Oh Moira, this is stunning my lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous rich colour palette on here Moira and love the elegant design too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a regal Christmas card, lovely
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I was looking at those new paints and was feeling tempted...
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully rich and gorgeous piece!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook