Butterfly Acrylic Triptych by Alison Hall

00:00


Hi Everyone! Here's a tutorial for the acrylic triptych I made for That's Crafty's recent Hochanda TV show.






Here's what I used...


That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - 027 Flight of Butterflies, 068 Decorative, 062 Enchanted, 076 Bubble Wrap, 011 Quatrefoil 1 Background
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint - Cheesecake, Bora Bora, Bougainvillea, Hey Pesto, Little Black Dress
Gesso - Black, White


Instructions...


1. I began by removing the protective film from just one side of the acrylic triptych, to keep the other side mess-free. I worked on the reverse side of the triptych first.

2. I stencilled words from the Enchanted stencil with Little Black Dress Fresco paint. I did the words back to front, so that they would show the right way through to the front of the acrylic pieces. Then I used the other Fresco paints and Dinky Stencils to apply more patterns, drying the paint as I went. I finally painted over everything with Cheesecake Fresco.

3. I used Grunge Paste and a palette knife to stencil the Flight of Butterflies all over the Cheesecake paint, drying with a heat gun as I went. Then I painted black gesso all over.






4. Now I peeled off the front protective film, revealing my layers of stencilling.

5. I painted some music paper with a thin layer of white gesso, then stamped the Finnabair image, together with a few butterflies, and the phrases. I added some colour with Bougainvillea Fresco, cut everything out, and used glossy accents to adhere them to the front of the triptych.

6. To finish, I used some pink ribbon to attach the triptych pieces together.


Have a creative day!

Alison x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love your Triptych Alison it looks fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly gorgeous, really beautifully created
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Alison, so colourful and full of amazing detail xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook