Birds in Sunshine by Debs Wainwright

00:00



Morning everyone, today I'm sharing a journal page which I created in my garden craft room. It was a lovely sunny day, and the birds were singing, all of which inspired the  page.






Here's what I did


I stamped the birds in position and drew the branches and stamped the flowers. Using water soluble oil pastels I coloured all the stamped areas. This started as a play around but I really liked it, so needed to add a background. 







Using pigment powder I sprinkled in the white areas and activated the powder with a mica spray. I dried the page and then using a stencils and clear crackle paste I added some more interest.







I felt I had taken it too dark in places so added some white and pink circles.








I used a black pen to add detail to the branches and where needed on the stamped elements.


What I used




Have a great day, see you soon

Hugs Debs 

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. wow this looks wonderfull, great design, great colours and there is even a bird with the Belgium colours!! I love your piece of ART!!

    Greetings,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birds, Debs, they look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty page. I am SORELY tempted by those gorgeous bird stamps. Fab aren't they. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful journal page!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Debs, like Lauren bit tempted for those birds
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have a garden craft room, - I absolutely LOVE this journal page, the birds are delightful (I am also totally tempted now) and the way you have drawn the branches and connected it all together looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Debs. Those birds are gorgeous & love the blossom.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Debs. Those birds are gorgeous & love the blossom.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab, love your birdies Debs so bright and happy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful,looks like a William Morris painting ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Debs! What an absolutely gorgeous page! Those pretty birds look so lovely amongst the flowering branches.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Debs - this is DELIGHTFUL and soooo SPRING. Makes me want to go paint - for sure - INSPIRING girl that you are!!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an incredible piece of art and can imagine this framed. Love the colours and those birds are so sweet. Amazing in every way.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook