Hi Everyone! This is my husband's work notebook. It was a plain black cover, and he asked me to alter it, so that it didn't look like everyone else's. I chose to use that wonderful Carabelle Studio fella again. He loved it!
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil - Steampunk Cog Background (being released very soon!)
Faber-Castell Double Scoop Gelatos - Spearmint, Green Tea, Cotton Candy, Blueberry
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black, Forget-Me-Not
Here's what I did...
1. I began by painting the whole cover, front and back, with white gesso. I gave it a couple of coats.
2. Next, I used a palette knife to apply grunge paste through the steampunk cogs Dinky Stencil. I did this in a few places, on the front and back.
3. I scribbled with the blue and green Gelatos along the top of the cover, then spritzed with water and used a paintbrush to help the colours drip down and around the stencilling. You can see some lovely drips on the back of the cover.
4. I used the black Archival ink to partially stamp a background with the French Lily Background and the Alphabets by Ana, then stamped the messy writing with Forget-me-Not ink.
5. I stamped the Man & Bird onto white tissuestock with black Archival ink, tore around the image, then used Matte Medium to adhere it to the cover. I also stamped the phrase from this set in black, just above the bird.
6. To finish, I sealed the whole cover using a couple of coats of PaperArtsy Satin Glaze.
I hope I've inspired you to alter something today.