Hello Everyone! Continuing with the That's Crafty! launch week of their fabulous new storage boxes, I have a DecoArt Storage Box to share with you today.
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil - Honeycombe Background, Believe
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint - Phthalo Blue, Quinacridone Gold, Carbon Black
Tea Bag Papers (dried and emptied)
Here's what I did...
1. I began by priming the MDF box panels with white gesso. Then I painted them all with Bora Bora Fresco. I glued the box together with Matte Medium, then randomly stamped the French Lily Background around the sides.
2. Next, I used matte medium to glue tea bag papers all around the sides, and around the inside of the box. They give a lovely wrinkly texture.
3. I used the Honeycombe Background stencil and DecoArt Crackle Paste to add some texture, and also applied some DecoArt Texture Sand Paste around the sides, and on the edges, inside and out.
4. When all the texture was dry, I painted the whole box with Phthalo Blue. I then watered down some Quinacridone Gold, and painted this over the textures. I also added some splatters of this inside the box.
5. I stencilled words from the Believe Dinky stencil around the sides, with Carbon Black Media Acrylic. I finished off with some gold gilding wax on the textures and edges.
Until next week,
Hope you have a creative day,