I hope that you have all had a lovely New Year and are looking forward to a crafty 2016. I am not one for making resolutions but I have set myself a bit of a challenge for this year and that challenge is to use more of the crafty stash that I seem to have acquired in a bid to convince myself that I don’t really need much more new stuff. I envisage that challenging myself will end the same way that making resolutions does….. Failure!!
I’m starting my personal challenge today as everything I have used in the project, other than the tag, I have had in my stash for a while.
Here’s What I Did:-
I know I did a tag last week but these MDF tags produced by That’s Crafty! themselves are a fabulous surface to work on. This is the largest of the MDF tags available at 10.5 cm x 21cm.
I first brayered on a light covering of gesso onto the tag and left that to dry. I then went to my collection of Distress paints and chose the colours that I wanted to work with. I chose Distress paints as I love the special way they react with water. I unscrewed the tops and dribbled the paints down the surface of the tag moving the paint around by rolling the tag around. I then dribbled water through the paint and just kept moving the liquid paint around until I was happy with the effect. Doing this gives a fabulous marbled effect to the paint.
You can see the marbled effect the paint creates on this close up.
When the paint has totally dried, I left it overnight, it leaves a beautiful smooth matt surface to stamp on. I chose my stamps and stamped them on with black Archival ink. I then coloured the images using Distress markers as they are also from the Distress range they colour beautifully over the paints. Highlights were added with a white gel pen. The sentiment I added is one complete stamp so to stamp it in 2 parts I just placed some masking tape over the words I didn’t want, inked up the stamp with black Archival, removed the tape and stamped. This I then repeated to get the other part of the sentiment on the other side of the tag. I then reproduced some of the words by printing them out on my old Dymo tape gun.
What I Used:-
Distress Paints - Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage, Tattered Rose, Wild Honey
Distress Markers – Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Ripe Persimmon
Carabelle Studio Stamps :- Jardin des Delices (main image)
Dymo Tape Gun
I hope you like it and I’ll see you next Tuesday