Hi Everyone! Alison here today with a fun little plaque, featuring some of the new That's Crafty! Surfaces.
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Surfaces - Grey/White Board - 6x4 inch, Mini Tags
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Honeycomb Background & Reverse Honeycomb Background
Prima Finnabair Stamp Sets - Dream On, Don't Forget To Fly
Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Magical Pigment Powder Set - Caribbean Cruise
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint - Primary Magenta, Metallic Gold, Payne's GreyGilding Wax - Gold
Here's what I did...
1. Prepare the board and tags by painting them with white gesso.
2. Apply Grunge Paste to the board, using a palette knife and the Reverse Honeycomb Background Dinky Stencil. Then use the Honeycomb Background Dinky Stencil to apply some Grunge Paste to the mini tags.
3. Mix a little Caribbean Blue Flat Magicals pigment powder with water in a spray bottle, then spritz onto the board. Paint the mini tags with DecoArt Magenta.
4. Apply some gold gilding wax to the Grunge Paste on the board and tags.
5. Draw some windows on white card with a black pen, colour with the Caribbean Blue spray, attach to the tags, then apply Glossy Accents to give a glass effect. Add gold brads to the 'doors', sponge the edges with Payne's Grey paint, then adhere them to the board.
6. Mix a little Metallic Gold paint into some bead gel, then use a palette knife to apply this around the doors.
7. Stamp three tiny butterflies and the phrases onto white card, cut out and colour with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Sponge the edges with Payne's Grey paint, then adhere to the board.
8. To finish, apply some Payne's Grey paint to the edges of the board.
Hope you have a creative week,