Thursday, 17 December 2015

This is Art by Debs Wainwright



Hello everyone, I've been playing with the new wooden substrates That's Crafty! are producing, and today I have a #8 wooden tag.






I applied crackle glaze straight to the tag and let it dry, then painted it with acrylic paint in white. To bring out the cracks more I rubbed in some Antiquing Cream in Umber. 






I sprayed the tag allowing some drips and set it to one side. I took a small doily and cut it in half. Using distress ink I shaded one half darker than another and when they were stuck them to the tag.  





I stamped 3 butterflies, two on the tag and one onto smoothly Card, which I cut out and stuck on the tag.





I took 3 buttons and threaded them with rusty wire. I twisted the wire and secured beads to each end on all buttons. Then I stuck them onto the butterflies.






I took some polystyrene balls off an old Christmas decoration and stuck them to the tag.






I finished off with some string.






What I used


Rusty Wire
Buttons
String
Beads all from my stash


Watch out for more substrates from That's Crafty!, take care all hugs

Debs xx

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, loving all the texture ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really amazing tag Debs with the gorgeous texture and detail.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag Debs, love the effect.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrumptious materials in use here - love the buttons and beads and tiny balls of texture - and the whole thing looks beautiful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Total awesomeness, Debs. Love the techniques you have used for background...thanks for sharing, I would like to use it for my future project :)
    Stamping, embellishments and colors are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - I'm in love with your wooden tag Debs. Gotta try it - YES YES YES - you inspired me!!! Yours is totally lovely in every way. j.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...