Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Rain by Amanda Southern


On a break from making Christmas cards, note to self, start earlier in the year, I have a card for you that reflects the current weather that we are having in the UK, rain, rain and more rain!!
 
 
 

Here’s What I did:-

I selected a gelli print background from my stash, the great thing about the Gelli Plate is that when you get it out you just can’t stop pulling prints as the printing process is so addictive. So taking one such print I added additional colours stencilling on more paint colours. Also paint added using an old credit card. Onto another gelli print I stamped the clouds and rain and fussy cut them out. In order to get the raindrops in the right place on the image I stamped the image onto the background print and then paper pierced my cut out raindrops on top. I then outlined all the pieces with a white pen. I then added further stamping to add further interest. The sentiment was stamped onto white paper, cut out, glued on and doodled around with the white pen. It was then mounted onto black card and an 8” x 8” card blank.
 

What I Used:-

Tim Holtz Layering Stencils – Bubbles & Dot Fade
Old Credit Card
Mark making tools to added design to the Gelli Plate prior to pulling the print
8” x 8” Card Blank
 
 
As this is my last That’s Crafty! make before Christmas can I take this opportunity to wish you all a fabulous Christmas and I’ll see you again week commencing 29th December.
I hope that Santa leaves you lots of crafty Christmas gifts
Love
Amanda x

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant card and I must say that Carabelle cloud stamp is one of my favourites ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is just grim at the moment - but with a card like this you make it almost worth celebrating! Fabulous grungy look with the stamping layered over your great print - and the words do a good job of selling the silver lining!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Amanda and very like the weather we had this afternoon as it tipped down all the time!
    Great card!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page using your awesome Gelli prints! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing creation on gelli printed background, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, I tell myself this every year since I started to make Christmas cards and you guessed it, not once have I been organised enough to do so!!!
    Brilliant gelli print, love this card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...