Friday, 11 December 2015

Only Dreaming Journal Page by Fliss Goodwin


Hi there, I’m taking a much needed break from the Christmas card making this week for a little art therapy in my A5 size journal, which at first might seem quite complex but is actually just some mixed media layering with inks and paint together with some tiny leftovers I wanted to use up.
 
 
 
 

 

Ingredients: 


That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Hearts, Large Circles, Circles Background, Punchinella Bacground
Distress Inks – Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Worn Lipstick
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints – Blush, Caramel, Rose, Vintage Lace
White Gesso
Scraps of Deep Pink Paper (mine were Gelli print leftovers)
Scrap of Green Ribbon
 
 
 

Recipe: 


First colour the white journal page by applying vertical stripes of the citrus shades of Distress inks with sponge applicators until the page is covered. Use the Mustard Seed and Dried Marigold inks with the punchinella stencil to apply a dotty pattern to all but the green stripes. Draw rough lines down these with a lime green pencil.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I next added some stamping with the Salty Ocean Distress ink and the star grid design stamp from the Reach For The Stars set. I then knocked back the bright colours by using the other 2 circle stencils with white gesso and the rose paint to apply circles over the blue stamping. I added a little more paint with a sponge.
 
I stamped the floral design from the Zorrotte stamp set onto the page with the Worn Lipstick ink as shown. I stencilled some hearts in the bottom right corner with the rose paint. I followed this with some tiny hearts and diamond shapes cut from the pink scrap paper.
 
I then stamped Helena on mixed media paper with the black ink and painted the image with the acrylic paints, adding a little detail with coloured pencils. I cut the image out and glued her to my page, adding a scrap of ribbon across the base to blend her in.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As a finishing touch, I stamped the text on stamping paper with the black ink and cut out the lines before gluing to the page.
 
 
Have a great weekend and see you next week. 
 
Fliss x

6 comments:

  1. Lush page Fliss and well done for getting a break from the Christmas stuff too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colourful page Fliss! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya got me singing Fliss!! Love the sentiment! What a bright and colorful and cheery project. This looks like so much fun to do. Love how you painted Helena. Every time I hear that name, I think of a lady who used to sit with my Mama. She said her name Ha LEEEEEEEN a - with the LEEEEEn very high and screechy! And her favorite phrase was: NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO... in that same high screechy voice!!!! She was quite the trip! Your Helena actually looks a bit like her - eheheheheh!!! That said my Helena and your Helena were both "lookers" and from the look of your gal - they were both proud to have that alluring look too!!! Glad you took a break from the Christmas cards!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous page, and a real pleasure to see something non-festive for a change. The colours are great and the layers in the background are fantastic.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something so dreamy about this page, gorgeous use of colour.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...