Monday, 14 December 2015

Joyful Penguins by Moira Sutton



 

 

DL Card Blank
Sheet of Copy Paper
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Stains – Prima Donna Purple, Hottie Patottie Hot Pink, Sassy Sapphire and Frozen Jack Frost
Die Cut Letters from stash
 

 
I fell in love with this stamp set when I first saw it and with Christmas around the corner I wanted to make a slightly tongue in cheek card.
 

I started spraying the Lindys randomly on a piece of copy paper – I know cheap as chips copy paper, they work brilliantly on it. Then while wet I crumpled it up in a ball giving it a good squeeze, then smoothed it out and left it to dry naturally and cut to size to fit the DL and stuck it on the card blank.
 

I stamped my birds on white cardstock and cut them out, as there is only 1 little penguin and I wanted more I stamped it 3 times and varied the feather tufts on the top of its head by cutting different “quiffs” and colouring their beaks with different Pitt pens. I also used the Pitt pens to colour beaks and add grey shading around their tummies.
 

I went all round the edge of the card with Frantage Spoonful to get a nice snowy feel going on and stuck my penguins down. The letters were also glued on with the  Cosmic Shimmer Glue. I thought the Oh Joy, said in a bored voice, would complement the grumpy penguins!


Moira

9 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for the email to say they are back in stock, but when I saw your lovely card I checked, there were two sets so I have ordered mine, and a couple of other sets jumped into the basket lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRILLIANT! I LOVE those penguines! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made my day! I had to laugh out loud at those droll penguins!! Thank you so much for giving me such cheer on a gloomy Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic,love the little red beaked fella,so sweet ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't help but just fall in love with these guys and you've done them proud. Great card Moira
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous Moira! Love the way you surrounded those grumpy cuties with the snow and love that sentiment which fits so perfectly.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww they are so cute!Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Moira. I cannot help but smile at their grumpy faces!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...