Tuesday, 1 December 2015

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone
I am the worst organised person when it comes to making my Christmas cards. I don’t actually have to make that many as I only send my own to family and special friends, but even so it always seems to be a mad dash. So in an attempt to get a little ahead of myself I have the start of my cards to share with you.
 


 
 
 
 

Here’s What I Did:-

 

I am sharing a technique that I have seen several people use recently out in Blogland so thought I would give it a go and share it with you. I have used my 3” x 5” Gelli Plate and covered an A4 sheet of 8 stickers, with blocks of colour using the Gelli Plate to transfer the brayered on acrylic paint. I have also added some marks into the paint with a texture tool. Keeping the stickers on the carrier sheet I then stencilled the snowflakes on using white paint.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On to a craft mat I drizzled some of the same colours of paint and then picked the paint up with a spare piece of card. Onto a section of that I stamped my main image. Cut it out and mounted onto white card. I then removed my stickers and added to another piece of card to make my background, randomising the original pattern.
 
I stamped the word “Joy” and added my image using 3D glue gel so it stands off the card. All was then matted onto black card and onto an 8” x 8” card blank. 
 
 

What I Used:-

 

PaperArtsy Fresco Paints – Orchid, Guacamole, Limelight, Mermaid, Green Olives and Snowflake
Plain Sticker Sheet A4
8” x 8” Card Blank
 
 
I hope that you are better organised than me and if not I hope I’ve inspired you to start yours
 
Love
 
Amanda X

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - love the background! What a fabulous technique! ccc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that. Gorgeous colours and the stamp is now on my "must have" list. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Lynne Perrella stamp! Gorgeous art Amanda! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and a fab technique must give that a go

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stencilled colour blocks - and it's such a beautiful stamp. Goes really nicely with the handwritten word too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really fabulous card Amanda and I'm about to try the label technique again having not done that for a number of years! Love how you did yours and it's perfect with that lovely image.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So interesting Amanda. I have never heard of the label technique and not even sure I understand it!! But it sure made your card totally wonderful - just super! Thanks bunches for the inspiration and loveliness! j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning creation, love the stamp!
    Groetjes karin x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I so love the colours you worked with. Stunning use of the label technique.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...