Monday, 7 December 2015

Guarding the Nest by Moira Sutton



 

Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays – Bling y Blonde and Marigold Yellow Orange
Prima 569419 Stencil
Lindys Stamp Gang Magical Pigments – High Maintenance Magenta, TiffanyLou Blu and Mango Mania
Archival Ink in Sienna and Tea Rose
Tim Holtz Framework Die Trellis
Flowers, twine, seam binding and trinkets from stash
 

I spayed the 2 Starburst mists over my white board. I made up two sets of coloured texture paste by adding High Maintenance Magenta and TiffanyLou Blu Magicals to the pastes and randomly applying both colours over the Prima stencil. When dry I used a small text stamp in the background with the Tea Rose Archival.

I stamped one of the Carabelle Studio Every Bird set birds onto white card in Sienna Archival and cut it out. 

I die cut the Framework Die Trellis in card and heat embossed it.

With the bird placed on my 4 x 6 whiteboard I placed additional elements on the piece, flowers charms etc and when I was happy I attached everything apart from the bird with Cosmic Shimmer Glue.

Next I added touches of clear gesso to the metal charms to give the Magicals something to “grip” onto and dabbed all 3 Magicals mixed with water across my flowers and charms.

Next I added the glass beads and glitter.

When everything was dry I touched up any dull or messy bits, and added some twine and the bird, giving the bird a coat of Glossy Accents to make it pop. 

I punched two holes and added eyelets, coloured some seam binding with the Lindys Magicals and attached through the holes to make a hanging. A wipe round the edges with the DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Turquoise and completed.
 
Moira

5 comments:

  1. Ooh so pretty, so much detail and such gorgeous colours! Wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sooo pretty Moira, love the layers on it too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeously colourful creation Moira and such lovely detail you've added too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moira, This is such an exceptionally pretty hanging!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...