Friday, 4 December 2015

Frosty Wreath by Fliss Goodwin


Hi there, I have a decorative idea to share this week as I really love making my own little mixed media wreaths to hang up in my house. This one is a bit Autumnal as I love the colour of the turning leaves but I’ve given it a touch of frost to make it wintery now that December is here.
 
 
 
 

 

 

Ingredients: 


Brusho Crystals – Lemon, Gamboge, Terracotta, Lime Green, Yellow Ochre
Mister Bottle 
Circle Die Set (or do as I did and draw round plates!)

 

Recipe: 


First make the paper to stamp your leaves on. I made 3 sheets in different shades using Lemon, Lime Green and Yellow Ochre Brusho Crystals on the first, Gamboge and Yellow Ochre on the second and Gamboge and Terracotta on the third. I sprinkled on the crystals and misted with water, allowing the colours to run together.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stamp the leaves on the papers with the grey ink, making sure you have a good mix of each colour. Now for the bit that takes a while – cut the leaves out! I can recommend doing this while you listen to some music or the radio. 
 
Make the wreath shape from greyboard using dies if you have them or draw round 2 sizes of plates and cut the circles out. Ink the board with the Frayed Burlap Distress ink. Decide where you’re to place the leaves, then swipe on the Versamark ink to make a rough crisscross pattern and heat emboss with the copper powder.
 
Glue the leaves in place and then glue on some red beads, which I used as mine looked rather like berries. Spritz the wreath with the white spray, which you’ll find gives a really lovely frosty look. Tie some linen ribbon at the top to form the hanging element.
 
 
We have a new challenge for you over at That’s Crafty! Challenge Blog so don’t forget to check it out at 8am as I promise you’re going to love this one! 
 
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous wreath in those lovely autumnal colours with the added frost, wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea! It's beautiful Fliss! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Fliss and a wonderful addition to Christmas decorations too,superbly wintery
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! The little bead berries are a lovely touch and I like the way you coloured the papers for the leaves too. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Fliss - love the autumn leaves with just that touch of frosty shimmer - magical!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love the effect of frost you've got on the leVes
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrrr all that frost is making me cold! Fabulous piece Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is lovely Fliss it would look stunning in any home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of fussy cutting Fliss but I actually enjoy that! This is wonderful - of course - all my favorite things - the colors, the leaves - just perfect. And guess what my favorite part of it is?????? The fact that you didn't put the leaves all the way around. I totally love the fact that you put them in clusters - so unique and fun. SUPER FINE. I am pinning it!!! j.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...