Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Christmas Coasters by Alison Hall


Hi everyone! I've been making Christmassy gifts, and I have some little coasters to share with you today.
 
 
 
 

 

Ingredients... 


DecoArt Media Acrylic Paint - Cobalt Teal Hue, Quinacridone Violet, Titanium White
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Snowflake Background, Believe
IndigoBlu Glue & Foil Flakes (substitute glue with Cosmic Shimmer Flake & Glitter Glue)
Star stamp from my stash

 

Instructions... 


1. Prepare the coasters with a layer of black gesso on the top. For the first layer of paint, I just brayered Titanium White onto the Gelli Plate, then took a print of it with the coasters. The second layer was Cobalt Teal Hue. I didn't press too hard, I wanted a patchy effect.
 

2. For the third layer, I used Quinacridone Violet. For the fourth layer, I brayered cobalt teal hue onto the Gelli Plate, then pressed a scrap piece of textured table protector into the paint, before taking prints. The final layer was titanium white, and I laid the snowflake stencil on the Gelli Plate, placed a coaster on top, then pressed hard to get a layer of snowflakes.
 

3. I stencilled 'Believe' using Jet Black Archival ink and a piece of Cut 'n Dry Foam, then used the foam to apply ink to the edges of the coaster.
 

4. I used Cut 'n Dry Foam to apply glue to various stamps, including the small dotty circle from Finnabair's Dream On set. I randomly stamped the coasters before applying the foil flakes.
 

5. To finish, I painted the backs of the coasters with black gesso, then added a couple of coats of PaperArtsy Satin Glaze.

 
Here's a closer look at one of the coasters...
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope I've inspired you to get crafty today, 

Alison x

9 comments:

  1. SO pretty. It looks like a snowy night sky. Love it! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Alison, so dreamy looking and a perfect stocking filler
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so gorgeous! A lovely gift! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, love them

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous - love the paint layers and the black framing echoing the lettering.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Alison, such lovely colours and love the wintery look they have.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant set Alison, great Gelli art.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a brilliant idea and I love the wintry appearance you achieved.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...