Hi everyone! I've been making Christmassy gifts, and I have some little coasters to share with you today.
DecoArt Media Acrylic Paint - Cobalt Teal Hue, Quinacridone Violet, Titanium White
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Snowflake Background, Believe
Star stamp from my stash
1. Prepare the coasters with a layer of black gesso on the top. For the first layer of paint, I just brayered Titanium White onto the Gelli Plate, then took a print of it with the coasters. The second layer was Cobalt Teal Hue. I didn't press too hard, I wanted a patchy effect.
2. For the third layer, I used Quinacridone Violet. For the fourth layer, I brayered cobalt teal hue onto the Gelli Plate, then pressed a scrap piece of textured table protector into the paint, before taking prints. The final layer was titanium white, and I laid the snowflake stencil on the Gelli Plate, placed a coaster on top, then pressed hard to get a layer of snowflakes.
3. I stencilled 'Believe' using Jet Black Archival ink and a piece of Cut 'n Dry Foam, then used the foam to apply ink to the edges of the coaster.
4. I used Cut 'n Dry Foam to apply glue to various stamps, including the small dotty circle from Finnabair's Dream On set. I randomly stamped the coasters before applying the foil flakes.
5. To finish, I painted the backs of the coasters with black gesso, then added a couple of coats of PaperArtsy Satin Glaze.
Here's a closer look at one of the coasters...
I hope I've inspired you to get crafty today,