Thursday, 31 December 2015

Bring on the Rust by Debs Wainwright



Hello everyone I hope you are all well and enjoying the festivities  as well as getting some crafty time. I have been fortunate to play with some of That's Crafty’s new stencils and substrates. 







Here's what I did


Using an MDF board and black craft paste I stencilled the cogs where I wanted them. As I lifted my craft knife I stippled the paste to create a rough surface. Once it was dry I gave it two coats of acrylic paint, making sure that the colour sat in the grooves as this added more colour creating the rusty look I was after. I put this to on side to dry.






I used two ATC's one with a frame and one without. On the frame I applied craft sand and  painted it black. Once it was dry I gave it two coats of the same colour as the board.







The ATCs, I painted both with white crackle paint and once dry, I applied Red Oxide antiquing cream which just highlighted the cracks a little more. I blackened the edges and stencilled my words. I took a tiny bulldog clip and heat embossed it with Frantage powder in ochre and then added the rust paint.







For the heart I added a thin layer of craft paste which I stippled. I gave it two coats of paint and then highlighted it with Metallic Lustre in copper.


To finish I added a rose made from Sculpy polymer clay in a mould. I used the Metallic Lustre here and there to give a few highlights.







What I used


That's Crafty! MDF Panel (to be released soon)
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils (Cogs to be released soon!)
White Clay – Sculpy


Watch out for more new products from That's Crafty! who now have a fabulous collection of substrates using a variety materials.

See you all soon 

hugs Debs xx

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Debs. Amazing texture and I just love those rich colours and all the little details on there.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful vision of rustiness,perfect!
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic rusty grungy look - and I love your metallic moulded rose too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully grungy and rusty look Debs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...