Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Blueprint Xmas by Amanda Southern


Hi everyone
I have a couple more Christmas cards for you today, mainly as I am a bit against the clock in getting some made. I really admire those of you that make them well in advance, unfortunately I am not one of those people.
  
 
 

How I made them:-

Whenever I need a quick background my go to is one of my Gelli Plates and for these cards I used the 4” round Gelli Plate. I used PaperArtsy Fresco paints on them and to get the imprint of the snowflakes I pressed a snowflake embossing folder into the paint prior to pulling the print. You can do this with any patterned embossing folders and achieve some interesting results. Once I was happy with the pulled print and the paint was dry I stamped the Blueprint stamps.
  
 
 
 
 
To the snowflake I added DecoArt Liquid Glass so it really looks icy, unfortunately the photo doesn’t really show the effect. I have added a blue adhesive gem to the centre and added the stamped word “Snow”.


 
 
 
To the Snowman I just added a little colour with Spectrum Noir pencils as they cover brilliantly over acrylic paint.
 

What I used:-

 

Snowflake Embossing Folder (any would achieve a similar effect)
Card Blanks (6” & 7”)
 
Thanks and I’ll see you all next Tuesday
 
Love
 
Amanda X
 

7 comments:

  1. These are fab little designs Amanda, just what we need with the horrendous cost of postage!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these, especially the icy snowflake,very classy cards ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are smashing and great tip about the embossing folders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CAS design, and I love the effect of the embossing folder prints.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Amanda and a very inspirational idea too. Now where did I put my blueprints!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh wow - so cute and yet so elegant too Amanda. Really adore these cards! j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So love these - the snowflake design used on the Gelli print shines through and acts as a fabulous background for both cards.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...