Tuesday, 17 November 2015

The Heart has its Reasons by Amanda Southern


Hi everyone
 I have a little bit of steampunk for you this week using another of the recently released stamps from Carabelle Studio.
 


 
 
 
 

Here’s What I did:-

 
I started with my favourite surface a sheet of mixed media card. I then took the clockwork stencil and misted it lightly with water onto that I then sprinkled on brown and grey Brusho Crystals another light misting of water and then lay my card over it so I would be using the mask as a stamp, I like the fact that you get a random print from the mask/stencil. I then stamped the heart over the stencil print and a little additional stamping in the corners.
 
I then coloured the heart using Spectrum Noir pencils blending the colours together with the blending solution and paper stumps. 

 

 
 

These pencils blend together seamlessly with the solution and stumps.
I then added Ranger Crackle Accents to the bulb and the dial. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

You can see how it gives the effect that the glass is cracked.
 
Whilst I left the Crackle Accents to dry, I leave it overnight. I prepared the background it would sit on.
 
I started with an A4 piece of copper metallic card and embossed it using an 8 x 8 hessian embossing folder then ran it through my A4 die cutting machine (you will need an A4 machine for this size of folder but you can get a smaller version for smaller machines).
 
Once embossed I needed to age/rust up the card and did so by layering on suitable colours from the PaperArtsy Fresco finish paint range, these paints have a matt chalky finish.  When this was dry I cut it to the correct size to add my stamped piece to.
 
All was then mounted onto black card and then an 8x8 card blank.


 

What I used:-

 
Carabelle Studio Stamps – The Heart Has its Reasons, Couture et Damier
Metallic Card
Big Shot Plus (or any A4 die cutting machine)
8” x 8” Card Blank

 
Hope you have a great week and see you next Tuesday
 
Love
 
Amanda X

5 comments:

  1. I thought I left a comment this morning must be going daft, anyway just to say what delicious rustyness fab card Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab use of the stencil Amanda - very clever and love the vintage steampunk air your card has.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing, from the use of the mask to create that random background, to the perfect colour choice and beautifully coloured stamped image. The colours truly represent a rusty, metallic machinery.
    Love this!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum, yum! I adore the stamping with the stencil (great colours), and the steampunk heart is glorious... fantastic colouring!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...