Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Strut Your Stuff! By Amanda Southern






Hi Everyone
I thought I would have a play with some of Dina’s stamps for this week’s make and this card uses Scribbly Fashion Figures.




Here’s what I did:-


This is a one layer card, which means I had to start with the foreground and work backwards. With a pice of mixed media card I first stamped the 3 girls starting with the one at the very front, she was then masked off using Pebeo Masking Gum. I then stamped the other 2 girls either side of the first. These were then masked off in the same way to allow me to create my background.

The background has been created by splashing on slightly diluted AquaTints and applying randomly with a large soft paint brush, I held the wet card up to allow some drippage of the colours. I left some white space to add a contrast to the piece.

Once that was dry, helped by a heat gun, I then stencilled over with a Carabelle Studio stencil and Pumice Stone Distress Ink.

When this had all totally dried I then removed the masking gum.

The girls were then coloured, quite roughly to keep the scribbly look, using Spectrum Noir pencils.

The sentiments from the same stamp set were then added.

Mat and layered onto black card and added to an 8 x 8 card blank.



What I used:-




Amanda

12 comments:

  1. They look fab, Amanda - so full of attitude, and brilliantly masked against the gorgeous arty background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive Amanda...the mannequins look great this way
    Greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a funky card! Cool background for those awesome girls. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great contrast between the background and figures.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing Amanda. Great choice of colours hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I like the sassy stance of the girls with the pretty colours used, great combination.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, those girls look sassy and classy with a background that rocks!! great work hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors and patterns are perfect together. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Amanda! Love those gals! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...