Monday, 23 November 2015

Overcome by the Fragrance of Flowers by Moira Sutton




I have another journal page today. I actually worked on this last Saturday the day after the awful events in Paris which I think influenced my desire to use a lot of French stamps and bright colours, and the song 99 Red Balloons kept playing in my head. 

I started with stamping the girl from the Joy set, and marking out where I wanted to stamp the various circle patterned stamps I had amongst the sets I had pulled out. These I coloured in Gelatos and then stamped as I wanted the black to be strong so to go over the colour not the other way around.   
 
 
  
 Next I mixed a yellowy shade of the pigment with water and carefully did a wash over the page being careful not to re-activate the Gelatos too much when the wet paint touched them. 

At this stage I added another couple of stamps from the Touches at Coutures set and coloured these with Cosmic Shimmer pigments.
 
 

Next and edging the piece with an orange Pitt Brush pen and using red and yellow Pitt brush pens I added random dots to the page.

On a separate card I stamped and embossed in the Wendy Vecchi powder the phrase from the PaperArtsy set, coloured with the same Cosmic Shimmer pigment and water combo used on the pages and cut into phrases and attached using the Cosmic Shimmer glue.

Finally a tidy up of any black lines needing definition, addition of stems to some of the flowers, leaving others “floating” and adding a yellow shadow behind the girl with a Pitt Brush pen.
  
Moira

5 comments:

  1. Your page is a 'delectable form of delight'! Wonderful! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pages Moira and just love how you made those flowers really pop.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moira, the combination of the various Carabelle stamps creates such a beautiful scene and it all flows so beautifully. Love the sentiment.
    wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...