Monday, 9 November 2015

Joy by Moira Sutton




4 x 6 inch Deep Canvas
Utlimate Encore Silver Ink
Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mica Sprays French Navy and Astral Mystery
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Christmas Adornments Noel
Chipboard Letters
Texture Stamp from stash

The canvas was pre-gessoed so I started by adding snowflakes using the That’s Crafty! Dinky stencil and DecoArt Modelling Paste.
Using the 3 Cosmic Shimmer Mists I randomly spritzed my canvas.





While this was drying I smeared Versamark across the wood snowflake and added 3 layers of the ultra thick embossing powder. While is was still molten from the 3rd heating I stamped into it with my texture stamp which had been inked with the silver.





Next I used the two Cosmic Shimmer Sprays to colour white flowers, white embossing powder to colour my chipboard letters for Joy and the Tim Holtz snowflake then smeared DecoArt Metallic Lustre over the snowflakes on the canvas

Next I add the pulled all the elements together into one piece and using Gloss Accents stick it all securely in place.

I wanted some Frantage snow around the flowers but as it is designed to be heated from below (otherwise it blows away until the embossing powder component is melted and Versamark alone will not hold the glitter and fragments while the EP melts). This was not possible as I was working on a thin edge canvas and the heat would not permeate from below so instead I rubbed a little Versamark where I wanted it to go and sprinkled on some of the white embossing powder I had used on the Joy letters and started to melt that adding the Frantage as I went to the melted first layer of EP. 


Moira

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Moira, such lovely colours and fabulous texture.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous Moira!!!
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moira, This is so beautiful!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely snowy make Moira
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...